Sunday 13 May 2012

Greater love hath no man

Music by John Ireland, sung by the Choir of St Paul's Cathedral



Today's Gospel:


"As the Father hath loved me, 
so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; 
even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 
These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you,  
and that your joy might be full . 
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth : 
but I have called you friends; 
for all things that I haveheard of my Father I have made known unto you. 
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, 
that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain :
 that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 
These things command you, that ye love one another. "



No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be published