Wednesday, 23 June 2010


I was sitting in a parishioner's rose garden this afternoon (as one does in the country) and couldn't help noticing a label on one of the seat cushions. "Carelessness causes fire," it said.
Another all-encompassing, mind blowingly stupid warning from the health and safety lobby. I must be more careful then; spontaneous combustion could be an ever present danger.
I'm not sure about fire, carelessness with language causes something far worse.
"Si monumentum requiris, circumspice."
I'll shut up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be published