Thursday 16 September 2010

Welcome!



I have a certain sympathy with Fr Anthony Chadwick's words here about the details of Pope Benedict's Visit. Certainly, it is the substance which is important rather than the glitz, however much we might enjoy seeing it. However, I do think this papal visit  could be highly significant in moving forward the whole process of the realignment of Christendom which is going on beneath the surface of events, and not only as regards Anglicanorum Coetibus. Significant though the Ordinariates will be, even to begin with, I hope it they are also the sign of even greater things to come.
As for me  I have to confess that I'm going to grit my teeth a little bit through some of the coverage of the massive events in football stadiums and public parks - just a temperamental thing on my part, I suppose; but I do give thanks that the Successor of Peter and the Vicar of Christ is here among us, and I want to see and hear what Pope Benedict has to say to us all and I do want to be able to reflect and act upon it.
Welcome Holy Father!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments will not be published