Tuesday, 5 February 2013
"Power to allow for marriage of same sex couples in Church in Wales
(1) This section applies if the Lord Chancellor is satisfied that the Governing Body
of the Church in Wales has resolved that the law of England and Wales should
15 be changed to allow for the marriage of same sex couples according to the rites
of the Church in Wales.
(2) The Lord Chancellor may, by order, make such provision as the Lord
Chancellor considers appropriate to allow for the marriage of same sex couples
according to the rites of the Church in Wales.
(3) 20 The provision that may be made by an order under this section includes
provision amending England and Wales legislation.
(4)In making an order under this section, the Lord Chancellor must have regard
to the terms of the resolution of the Governing Body mentioned in subsection
(5) 25 If it appears to the Lord Chancellor—
(a) that a reference in this section to the Governing Body has ceased to be
appropriate by reason of a change in the governance arrangements of
the Church in Wales, the reference has effect as a reference to such
person or persons as the Lord Chancellor thinks appropriate; or
(b) 30 that a reference in this section to a resolution has ceased to be
appropriate for that reason, the reference has effect as a reference to
such decision or decisions as the Lord Chancellor thinks appropriate.
(6) In Schedule 7 to the Constitutional Reform Act 2005 (functions of the Lord
Chancellor which may not be transferred under the Ministers of the Crown Act
351975), in paragraph 4, at the end of Part A insert—“Section 8”.
Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill Page 9"